Qing Xiang Zi (Celosia Seeds) - Chinese Herbal Medicine
Clinical Usage and Indications
- Drains liver fire, clears wind heat, improves vision - either wind-heat or liver fire causing red, painful eyes, superficial visual obstruction, and cataracts (stronger effect than Mi Meng Hua for excess fire).
- Impaired, blurred vision - combine with Jue Ming Zi and Mi Meng Hua.
- Hypertension due to liver yang rising.
Functional Groups (Click for Summary/Study Notes)
Dosage and Preparation Notes
- Dosage: 3-15g
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with glaucoma.
- Avoid with liver and/or kidney deficiency.
Staff Clinician Notes
Herbal Formulas Which Include This Herb
Below you will find Traditional Chinese Medicine herbal formulas which contain this particular herb (in alphabetical order). You may click on the name of the formula for more details or click on any of the products from our store to read usage information or purchase a particular formula.