Lu Rong (Elk/Deer Horn, Velvet) - Chinese Herbal Medicine
Clinical Usage and Indications
- Tonify kidneys, strengthen yang - fatigue, impotence, cold limbs, lightheadedness, lower back and knee pain, tinnitus, frequent and clear urine.
- Tonify the governing vessel, augments essence and blood, strengthens sinews and bones - children with mental/physical developmental issues.
- Regulates the conception vessel, chong mai, and stabilizies the dai mai - cold deficient leukorrhea or uterine bleeding, infertility with a cold womb.
- Tonifies and nourishes qi and blood - chronic ulcerations/yin-type boils (concave, clear fluid oozing, unhealing).
Functional Groups (Click for Summary/Study Notes)
Dosage and Preparation Notes
- Dosage: 1-3g powder, start with low doses
Cautions and ContraindicationsThere are currently no contraindications listed.
Staff Clinician Notes
This herb is expensive and most often used when alternatives are not appropriate.
Herbal Formulas Which Include This Herb
Below you will find Traditional Chinese Medicine herbal formulas which contain this particular herb (in alphabetical order). You may click on the name of the formula for more details or click on any of the products from our store to read usage information or purchase a particular formula.