Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Deafness, Hearing Loss
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in people with deafness and/or hearing loss (progressive or sudden). The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading Tong Ren Therapy: Beyond Acupuncture. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store:
- Main Points:
- C3 - Huatuo Area - Innervates the eyes, sinuses, and the ear
- LI 18 - Sky Window area, effect circulation in the brain, ear canal
- TH 16 - Sky Window area, effect circulation in the brain, ear canal
- Secondary Points:
- Taiyang - Opens the head, sinuses, ear canal
- KD 3 - Tonify the kidney system from a TCM perspective
- SI 17 - Sky Window area, effect circulation in the brain, ear canal
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions. Tong Ren classes are now offered around the world.
The clinical success of Tong Ren Therapy is due in part to the precise and scientific focus on particular areas of the body for a particular condition. The Tam Healing System utilizes information from both western and eastern medicine as well as a vast amount of clinical experience to develop these treatment protocols.