(EX) Tim Mee Acupuncture Point
- Chinese Name Tim Mee
- English Name Stop Smoking Point
- Location: Level with LU 7 and proximal to LI 5 in a depression between the tendons that make up the anatomical snuffbox.
- Precautions: None.
- Actions & Effects:
- Important point for smoking cessation - generally needled perpendicularly and/or used with moxibustion along with other addiction/smoking related points.
- Extraordinary (Extra) Points
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: