SP 6 Acupuncture Point - San Yin Jiao - Spleen Meridian
- Chinese Name Sanyinjiao
English Name Three Yin Intersection
Location: 3 cun directly above the tip of the medial malleoulus on the posterior border of the tibia.
Precautions: No needle in pregnancy
- Point Associations:
Intersection point of the SP, LV and KD (3 leg yin meridians)
- Actions & Effects:
- Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
- Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
- Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
- Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
- Bleeding disorders, uterine bleeding, cool blood in hot skin diseases.
- Insomnia, palpitations, and other anxiety related emotions.
Spleen Meridian Points (21):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are listed within the right side bar.