LV 6 Acupuncture Point - Zhong Du - Liver Meridian
- Chinese Name Zhong Du
- English Name Central Metropolis
- Location: 7 cun above the tip of the medial malleolus on the midline of the medial surface of the tibia.
- Point Associations:
- Xi Cleft
- Actions & Effects:
- Acute hepatitis.
- Pain along the channel, genital region or medial knee.
- Liver Meridian Points (14):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below:
Listed in our conditions treated section under »