KD 6 Acupuncture Point - Zhao Hai - Kidney Meridian
- Chinese Name Zhaohai
English Name Shining Sea
Location: In a depression below the tip of the medial malleolus.
- Point Associations:
Yin Qiao Master Point coupled with LU 7 (CV Master Point)
- Actions & Effects:
- Sore throat from any etiology, especially empty heat from yin deficiency.
- Other Yin Deficient throat related issues - swollen, dry, loss of voice, difficult swallowing.
- A range of menstrual issues such as amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, infertility from cold in the uterus, leukorrhea.
- Genital issues (shan disorders) such as swelling, itching, seminal emission and/or involuntary erections in men.
- Constipation from Yin Deficiency.
- Plum Pit Qi.
- Nighttime epilepsy, insomnia, disturbed sleep with nightmares, yin deficient symptoms such as hot hands/feet, night sweats.
A range of anxiety disorders, fear/fright.
Kidney Meridian Points (27):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: