KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Tai Xi - Kidney Meridian
- Chinese Name Taixi
English Name Great Ravine
Location: In depression midway between the tip of the medial malleolus and the attachment of the achilles tendon.
- Point Associations:
- Shu Stream Point
- Earth Point
Yuan Source Point
- Actions & Effects:
- Tonify KD Qi, Yin or Yang Deficiencies from any etiology.
- Asthma from KD Deficiency - difficulty inhaling.
- Tonifies Yin of KD (chronic sore throat, empty heat), LV (dizziness, tinnitus, headache) a/or HT (anxiety, insomnia, excessive dreaming).
- Tonifies Yang of KD (impotence, premature ejaculation, seminal emission, weak low back/knees, frequent urination).
- Low back pain, usually of a chronic nature.
Local point for heel a/or ankle pain.
Kidney Meridian Points (27):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Ferro, Barbara: New England School of Acupuncture, Point Location Lecture Notes
- Harstein, Rachel: New England School of Acupuncture, Actions & Effects Lecture Notes
For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are below: