CV 17 Acupuncture Point - Dan Zhong - Conception Vessel Meridian
- Chinese Name Dan Zhong
English Name Chest Center
Location: Level with the 4th ICS, midway between the nipples.
- Point Associations:
- Front Mu Point fo the PC.
- Hui Meeting Point of the Qi.
Sea of Qi Point.
- Actions & Effects:
- Main point for tonification of the upper warmer.
- Hui Meeting Point of the Qi - tonify and move the Qi of the body.
- Chronic lung issues - cough, asthma, SOB, diaphragmatic pain.
- Breast issues - insufficient lactation, mastitis.
- Chest/Throat issues (rattling in throat w/asthma, difficulty swallowing, palpitations), counterflow Qi problems - guides the Qi downwards.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Important point for overall Qi (energy) in the body, useful for asthma.
Conception Vessel Meridian Points (24):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. For a complete list of valuable resources, see our Acupuncture Theory Resources section. The most recommended texts are listed within the right side bar.